Step 1: Put your Media player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s)/ your favourite lines of the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: NO CHEATING (that goes for the guesser, too!)
1. Saw the back of your sweet mother's head, now I know that she thinks I'm dead.
2. I got a patch. I got a pin. Obtained political beliefs from the same songs as my friends.
3. I'm so tired of all were going through, I don't want to love like that, I just want to be with you
4. I am holding my breath, I am feigning my death, when I’m looking in your direction.
5. It takes a long time, but God dies too, But not before he'll stick it to you.
6. We are all silhouettes, everyone we haven’t met; they’ll all be kings and queens.
7. But I'm a big dreamer, so watch me come up with something.
9. Wake up in water, you know where you've been. You can turn the lights off when the day begins
10. Now it's time for changing, and cleansing everything to forget your love.
11. Instead you run to your little birdfeeder and stick your beak in the seeds your master laid
12. And who shall I blame for this sweet and heavy trouble? For every stupid struggle? I don't know.
13. And I've become just like a terrible mess, searching the lines in my face for something more beautiful than is there
14. Got struck by the first volley of the war in the courts
15. The skeletal ghost twirling in the sea for having been disobeyed to people
16. I just want, I just want love, I want something, something for nothing.
17. Knock so I'll know you're still there, half listening, interpreting the air.
18. Been riding broomsticks since she was fifteen, Blow out all the other witches on the scene.
19. And now I’m all alone again, nowhere to turn, no one to go to.
20. Now I don't mind if I hurt you and leave this guilt behind.
Elijah Wood's grandmother is a member at the church my parents attend. He visited her for Christmas, and was at the evening service I went to last night. I saw him walk by on the way out, but I didn't have the chance to say anything. Hell, I don't know what I'd even say... except maybe ask him for Orlando Bloom's phone number.
Merry Christmas everyone.
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next four sentences in your LJ with these instructions
5. Don't go digging for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet - just pick whatever is closest.
"Overall, the results of this survey showed that:
1) English, whatever accent it is spoken with, is judged more favourably than Xhosa or Afrikaans. We should here emphasize that the seakers of Xhosa and Afrikaans had a more positive image of English than did English-speakers themselves.
God, my books are boring...
So you guys know that I'm thinking about what to do next summer and I found a program where I can go to one of eight countries, for two months, and help children in local schools. All of the programs are essentially the same, but for Nepal there is an option where all I would exclusively teach English, and in Thailand I could do a program teaching English to the staff at a National Park. I can only apply to one program and I'm trying to decide where to go. So tell me, where shall I spend next summer?
Please fill out the poll, but I'm open to comments on this one...
Today I went to see DaVinci Code with my parents, and I just have to say that I was incredibly offended. No, not by Tom Hanks' acting job which has had him compared to a lump of dough in a wig. Nah, what offended me most was a trailer for another movie.
You all know what I thought about the whole United 93 movie thing, that it was far too soon for this to be put onscreen by money-hungry movie moguls who don't have the slightest hesitation about exploiting a human tragedy for their own pocketbooks. But at least the trailers were short, informative, and very tastefully put together.
So today I saw a trailer for a movie set to come out in August called World Trade Center. Original title, huh? Anyway, I could tell what it was from a mile away, and I was immediately repulsed by the fact that again, it was too soon for Hollywood to capitalize off the tragedy. And then, what began as repulsion turned into revulsion. The trailer for this film includes the following:
Now, I know that while some people are ready to see these hero stories told, I personally think that not only is this too soon, but it's WAY TOO MUCH!!! I felt sick to my stomach seeing this kind of horrific thing on the screen, hearing sound effects of the falling towers. And knowing that NO ONE has control over the trailers they have to see before movies, I feel terribly sorry for any family member or friend of a victim who comes to see a movie with his or her family and is subjected to seeing this HORROR put onscreen. These people would be forced into seeing images that relive a day that is forever seared in their minds. It was brutal, cruel, and insensitive on the part of the producers of this film to include these images in a trailer that some innocent person might have to see without any notice whatsoever. There was no statement about the content of the trailers posted anywhere in the theater where I saw it; furthermore, the green screen before the trailer says in huge letters, "The following preview has been approved for ALL AUDIENCES." WTF?
I'm going to write a few angry letters to whomever it might concern, stating my case. I think these trailers should be removed from the theaters until they have been edited in such a way as to not include material that could bring a person to tears. And if they won't, I move the trailers be pulled entirely.
Because you know what? Fuck you, Hollywood. Your lust for money and shock value does NOT give you the right to fuck with the minds and emotions of these victims' families and friends.
Just thought y'all should know that.
Tagged by yellow_taxi
Explain your LiveJournal name and its meaning. When you're done, tag as many people as there are letters in your name. (I'm just wondering if I can cheat and only tag three with "Liz"...)
There's not a good story for where my name comes from. If any of you are familiar with the website Rinkworks, then you may know that there's a Fantasy Name Generator on the site. Well, back in sophomore year when I decided I was going to write a fantasy novel, I played around with that thing for hours, and one of the best names it spit out at mea was "Asmearis" which I said aloud... "az...MEER...iss?" and I liked the way it sounded. So I kept it. Later, Asmearis became the name of my character on the text-based RPG's on the same website, and then later Asmearis got into my novel and was was legendary seer and the late mother of my main character.
...yeah, I know I'm a total dork...
Tagging: (Doing three because Liz is the name...) orange_lamp, ephnat, nekokenchan.